“It Takes a Team”
Wellington Orthopedic Institute values the cooperation between doctor, patient, nurse, and surgical staff that is necessary for safe, successful outcomes. Our team strives to provide excellent service and to produce accurate written reports in a timely fashion. The patients at Wellington Orthopedic Institute receive state of the art care with the help of the latest technology.
There are many things patients can do to become active members of their healthcare teams, like:
- Ask questions — be sure to speak up when you need more information from your doctor
- Involve a friend or family member in your care
- Inform us of your medical history — such as past surgeries, major illnesses, and family history of medical problems
- Keep a complete, accurate list of all your medications, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements
- Tell your healthcare team about your allergies and any past reactions to anesthesia or medications
- Ask your doctor for educational resources to help you better understand your condition and treatment options.